Sunday, April 13, 2014

Meeting with Carrie Brooks

            I met with Carrie Brooks to discuss my resume and possible internships available. She was very informative while going over my resume. She gave some useful feedback telling me not to say things like "I" and "Me" in a resume. She pointed out that I only had minor issues such as spacing and alignments. After we went over my resume I showed her the internships I found during my research. She wanted to know if I found any local opportunities, and I told her about one I found was in Nashville and seemed pretty interesting. She then went online and showed me an updated list of internships pertaining to my concentration here in Memphis. I saw a couple that I liked and told her that I am planning on doing some next semester. We went over how internships are credited and that it was a good thing to get started as soon as possible. She told me that it is good that I have been at my current job for so long because it shows my dedication. I plan on staying in contact with her for the remaining years. She is very intelligent and helpful. I will use what I learned from her and work at my resume skills and jump on internship opportunities when they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment