Sunday, April 13, 2014

Demo Reel Reviews


2011 Animation Demo Reel from Travis Ramsdale on Vimeo.

I really liked this reel because of the nice animations. I think the piece is overall good and works without the music. All the animations are smooth and show his skills.



Alessandro Camporota Character Animation Demo Reel 2011 from Alessandro Camporota on Vimeo.

There were a lot of nice animation pieces in it. There is a nice constant flow of action happening.
Animation Demo Reel from David Alvarez on Vimeo.

This one was one of my favorite Animation Reels because it kept you interested in the piece and there were plenty of cool animations that were well put together. It also made me laugh throughout the piece.
2014 game animation demo reel by Sung Wook Lee from Sung Wook Lee on Vimeo.

This reel is real good. It shows some nice game animations. The only thing is at the end, I don't think that last animation fits within this whole reel.
2012 character animation Demo Reel from Jordi Solanes on Vimeo.

This is a nice animation reel. The only thing I don't like is the way the cuts are made. I think it could be a little smoother.
 
Animation Reel from Daniele Zannone on Vimeo.

This reel has a lot of acting and movements incorporated. I like how it is all put together but seems to slow down in certain parts. In all it is well put together.

1 comment:

  1. I think that all the demo reels you've chosen are excellent showcases of character animation, I'm not finding a whole lot to fuss over. I agree in that one clip at the end of Sung Wook Lee's reel does feel out of place amidst the game character animations, and that there's some slight audio-video sync issues in the last reel. The only major problem I have is that some reels have fairly unprofessional-looking fonts, but it's really a nitpicky detail compared to the content.

    ReplyDelete